Today we went to a pick-your-own pumpkin patch at Tanaka Farms in Irvine, CA. It was great! Besides the requisite fields of pumpkins, they had a petting zoo; a tractor pull ride around the farm; a pumpkin cannon (ask Alex about this--I think it was his favorite part!); and pick-your-own vegetables. Our friends and their two kids joined us as well, and Alex had a great time running around with their son. We all agreed that having someone for Alex and their son to play with made it much more enjoyable for all. Matty had fun crawling in the dirt and pulling himself up on pumpkins. He also thought the animals in the petting zoo were hilarious!
I was so happy that someone at work told me about this farm--I always wanted to take the kids to a real pumpkin patch, but never thought we would find one in the city!
Posing with the scarecrow
Daddy giving wheelbarrow rides
Matty with pumpkins
Alex (kind of) petting a goat
Family photo (we don't seem to have very many of these!)
A rare quiet Alex moment

Dirty carrot, anyone? (he helped himself)

Can you see my blue eyes?
2 comments:
What a cool pumpkin patch. Maybe we'll check this one out. I like the family photo. It's always good to see the family photographer in the photos.
How fun! I think we are going to go tomorrow!
Post a Comment