Friday, October 3, 2008
Tentative steps...
Matthew took his first two steps yesterday! Then (of course), he got noodle legs and was happy to crawl. He actually got mad at me when I stood him up and tried to hold his hands to walk.
I don't know whether to be happy or sad that he's close to walking. I have been very reluctant for my baby to grow up this time--probably because I know that he may be my last baby. Funny how much the desire for your child to grow changes from child #1 to child #2. It seemed like Alex couldn't grow fast enough, and I anxiously awaited each milestone. With Matty, I think I was able to enjoy each moment of babyhood more because I wasn't in a hurry for him to grow.
So, I will be making every effort to enjoy the next few days of babyhood before my youngest officially joins the ranks of "toddler". I definitely need to catch his speed demon crawl on film before it is no more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the best advice I've gotten as a new mom is to not rush them through their milestones, and to savor each one.
So savor these last few days with Matty crawling. :o)
Post a Comment